Monday, July 09, 2007

New Update, Computer Issues, etc...

First order of business: There is a new update to DSOrganize. I have entered the GBAX 2007 competition with an update to DSOrganize (2.8 GBAX). If you want to grab the entry, head to the GBAX site and scroll to my entry. If you want the source or to see what's changed, head to my site. Major features include overall better support for websites as well as bookmarks on the browser, and url capturing and colors support on IRC. Several other minor fixes have been applied.

Second order of business: My pc fried a week ago. I ordered a new PC dispite not being able to afford one, and have dipped into college savings. I feel sleezy for begging for donations, but I have never asked before and really can't afford this PC. So, I'm asking anyone who enjoyed the software to donate to me at this time. The cost was $800 for the PC, the external cases to make my current drives work with it, and the additional ram to bring it up to the memory capacity my current one had. However, a week after ordering, I have been emailed to tell that my PC is on backorder (why they couldn't tell me this a week ago, I don't know). I am going to pick out a different one today and hope to have it at the same price, but it might be more expensive. Here's to hoping I can work something out, because DSDev on a 1.3GHz celeron laptop with 256MB of ram is extremely painful.



UPDATE: I have recieved $150 in donations from several kind people, but I still have a long way to go before I can afford this computer. If you have spare change, send it my way!

18 comments:

TD said...

I know... a 1.8GHz comp is rough. Its just I had to endure 3 years of a 633Mhz and I did just fine. It ran WinXP and everything just fine. Now I have a 933Mhz Dell and it's great, so stop whining. I would give anything for 1.8Ghz.

Sorry, I don't mean to be mean.

-TheOnlyEnglishRose (Max)

TD said...

BTW, some pretty sweet new features in the release. I hope you get first (and I get 2nd, heh heh. jk (Ill prolly get 3rd))

DragonMinded said...

Teendev a 1.3GHz celeron laptop is about as slow as the ones you've mentioned. It takes about a minute to load a webpage, compiling each file in DSO takes 20 or so seconds, and it freezes every few minutes. Please try to know what the hell you are talking about before getting all upset. BTW 1.3GHz != 1.8GHz

Ibrahim Awwal said...

Umm, I see
Added homepage option to web browser.
in the changelog, but I can't figure out how to change it. Nice update though, the little shortcuts in the browser really help.

Shawn said...

Heh, I'm generally a fan of older hardware myself (being cheap), but I'll try and stay out of that one :)

I put some toward your cause, because DSO rocks. I hope others do too.

As a final note, did you see the comment I left on your May 7 post? I think I found a bug relating to variable passing in the URL. I'm not totally sure though.

Good luck with the computer...

valentine said...

do you mind me donating $65.00?
wanna confirm before you eventually kill me off your path.

valentine said...

still waiting for your response

Richard said...

i pitched in

Dark said...

greetings..
thanks for all your great work..

though I have a problem..

DSO now freezes when I boot it right after the startup.wav plays

I'm using a Supercard mini SD..

hope you can help
Lazurues

D-loader said...

I chipped in as well. Thanks for the development of DSO, I hope you keep up the good work =)

Nukie said...

I made a donation. I use DSO everday and love it. Thanks for all your hardwork and good luck toward the new computer.

Anonymous said...

Thanks...the browser is very nice.^^

aSynchro said...

Juste make a donation, thanks for DsOrganize !

Anonymous said...

so ur buying another pc instead of building?

TsukasaMacha said...

cant you salvage stuff like ram, gfx card from your fried pc to bump up your new one? or is it like completely shorted ?

Anonymous said...

i have tried to push it to 550$ (on sunday), but it does not show up until now :-(
do you have list who has spended how much? If added a comment after spending money, but i can not find anything on the chipin page.

Denny

Denny said...

Hi,

this is Denny again. I've just checked my credit card and they booked the money I have transfered via chipin/paypal to you...
But I still do not see the amount on your chipin status.

Just want to make sure you get money...

Denny

*the following lines you should remove before posting*

the status on sunday was 489$ I wanted to push it to 550$, so I transfered 61$, my credit card was charged with 45Euros. I hope you did not just get 45$...

would be nice if you could check that somehow and give a feedback.

vesala@gmx.de

*end of private message*

Anonymous said...

Kick butt job on the 3.1. Most of pictures work now. I can't thank you enough!