Friday, March 16, 2007

DSOrganize 2.6 Out!

Hello everyone! A new DSOrganize is out and is available at DragonMinded.com. Important features in this release include support for flac, sid, nsf, and spc audio formats, fixes for the html renderer to render pages much larger in size, an updated wifi library for DSLite compatibility, and customizable colors throughout DSOrganize! That's right, all that clamoring for a customizable interface has been answered....sort of. Read up about details on the DSOrganize homepage listed above.

Just another reminder that noone has found the easter egg yet. The clue last release was that it had something to do with the sound.dat file. Another clue is that it has nothing to do with the Sound Screen itself, and visiting said screen will reset the easter egg for that boot session. Happy searching, and if you find it, let me know!

I'd like to take this space to call out MaxConsole, which missed the 2.5 release of DSOrganize completely, but hasn't failed to regurgitate their DS-X review on a monthly basis. Way to go, second release that you missed! How about releasing some actual news once in awhile instead of links to photoshopped pictures of spoofs. To the rest of the crowd, enjoy this release, and if you find bugs, let me know ASAP as I want to put out a maintenence release at the beginning of next week if anything comes up, before starting the next round of feature implementations.

~Toodles :3

7 comments:

Shawn said...

Awesome! I'm glad the wireless works with the new DSLites now, it is so very much fun to listen to my music streamed instead of having to put it all on my card. This is (almost) why I bought a DS!

All I need now is a super simple web client to control the music with :D Hmm... (goes and looks at the plugin architecture and wonders if he remembers any c...)

FANTASMA DEL CARIBE said...

Hi DragonMinded:
Just wanted to thank you for your great application. I am a professional (Admin) and have always wanted a PDA. I'm also a gamer with a DS and ever since I heard that it could be used as a PDA I couln't wait to buy a card. I now own a M3 Simply and of course, I have DSOrganize. People find it interesting whenever I pull out my DS to confirm or schedule meetings. Meetings are boring but I'm not that disrepectful. Anyway thanks a lot. I wish I had your skills...

Anders Bergh said...

You should release the source for DSOrganize 2.6 - I wanted to fix homebrew booting for the DS-X, but that is not possible without the source.

savior said...

Not sure if you know of the bug when playing an AAC file. Each time i play AAC files, the next time i turn on the ds my card get corrupted. Happened with 2.5 as well. I have an R4DS if that matters

Haven't tried mp3's.. i'm kinda sick of formatting my card:)

Gideon said...

One thing I'd like is to be able to randomize the contents of a playlist. I have created an M3U playlist of all 35+ hours of Ogg on my card (contained within dozens of subfolders) and would love to be able to randomize the contents of that playlist (so I could listen to a random playlist of all my music). Just a thought, if it wouldn't be too much trouble. I'm loving your software; it's one of the most useful homebrews out there! I'm about to try this newest version in hopes that it will finally work with my home network (I have a newer DS Lite). I do use an M3 Simply, so I'm a little worried about card corruption, but I won't mind (it's all backed up). Thank you so much; you rock!

Nick Spacek said...

Any plans to allow plugins/apps access to the onscreen keyboard and other GUI elements (text fields I guess)?

ADHDYoshi said...

Dammit, now I'm sure I could find that easter egg... that is if my NoPass weren't broken, and I was too scaredy-yoshi to flash my DS.

I have some weird half-breed DS Lite that the WiFi is really weak and drops out for a random reason in DSOrganize, let's hope this fixes it.

anders bergh, you ought to look for the easter egg!

It seems we might be seeing a simple web browser plugin written for DSOrganize soon, with the current set of abilities...